BURGESS ROAD LIBRARY MANAGEMENT TEAM PRIVACY NOTICE
How Burgess Road Library Management Team (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why do we collect and use your information?
We collect and use your information to:
- send you communications regarding our activities
- to monitor and assess the quality of our services
- to fulfil our purposes as a library management team
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
We do not share your information with others except as described in this notice.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share (as described in this notice) include:
- Personal data (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
- Sensitive personal data (e.g. DBS checks)
Storing your data
We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation. Where necessary, we will contact you at least annually to check that the information we are holding is accurate and that you agree to us holding it.
Who do we share your information with?
We only share your information with third parties if:
- The law requires us to do so or,
- We have your consent to do so or,
- It is for processing necessary to providing our services (e.g. cloud storage). If we engage another organisation to process personal data on our behalf, we will be satisfied that it has the necessary technical and organisational measures to keep the data safe, before doing so. We hold a register of all such third party processors.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact Aaron Duke
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact Aaron Duke (details below).
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, or receive a copy of our Data Protection Policy please contact: